The Victoria’s Secret auditions for this year’s show (which is rumoured to be in Shanghai) were held this past week, and so naturally, my insta feed kept offering me photo after photo of PYTs with perfect abs and spidery long legs. Of course, I was immediately seized by the desire to mold those abs and promptly scoured the world wide web and pinterest for all kinds of exercise and tips to help me get there. But while all this frenzied browsing was going on, I also realised that their outfits, while chosen to highlight their fab figures, were very wearable, even for a petite ab-absent person like me.
Here are the 5 things that I learned from these ladies while you feast your eyes on their unnatural gorgeousness:
- You don’t need to run out and buy a whole new closet – you probably already own similar styles.
- The right accessories make the outfit. Your shoes or bag make a BIG difference. And they doesn’t have to be fancy or crazy expensive.
- It’s as much about how you wear what you’re wearing. Your attitude. And not letting your clothes wear you.
- Colour is your friend. So if you’re more inclined to outfits in neutral hues, you could add a pop of colour to your look via your bag, shoes or even a lip stain.
- There’s no such thing as too many basic plain white and black tees.