Summer is just around the corner, which means two things – soaring temps that will peak at the mid 40s for those of us who live in this corner of the world, and a summer wardrobe that will help you cope with said temps.
One of my favourite things to wear during this most sweaty time of the year is the shirt dress – and here’s 5 reasons why.
- They’re dressy yet super comfortable
- They can be dressed up (heels, a light jacket and a smart bag maybe) or down (sneaks and a cross body bag)
- They’re ageless – you don’t have to worry about looking too twee or too old for your age
- They can go from work wear to date wear with a fresh slick of lipstick, interesting jewelry and maybe an extra undone button
- They’re timeless – and have been in fashion for as long as I can remember
And no, you won’t look like your stole your significant other’s shirt because you ran out of clean clothes! They’re also a big fav among our fav catwalkers and fashionistas, if you needed any further convincing.
So there you have it. I’ve been on the quest to find the perfect shirt dress for a while now. My requirements – dark colour, soft cotton, not too sheer, slightly shaped, belted. And I’ve seen a few that I quite like on ASOS and Forever 21, and I’ve seen ones I’m partial to at Mango and Marks & Spencers.
Here’s some shirt dress inspiration for you – thanks to pinterest and yours truly! Off I go to find me another dress or two!